Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rwanda: Vertically stacked strawberry farm focusing on hydroponics
- India: Hydroponics for sustainable living
- "We can focus more on quality and how the product satisfies consumer needs”
- Urban revitalization: Making indoor farming accessible through lower upfront costs
- 360° shape facilitates better airflow throughout the cultivation area
Top 5 -last month
Mushroom Substrate Manager - New Zealand
The Position - Mushroom Substrate Manager
A golden opportunity to live and work in a world-class country, famous for its clean and green image. Mercer Mushrooms is an important top-tier player on the New Zealand Mushroom Industry scene. An excellent remuneration package is available for the right candidate, and assistance in meeting NZ immigration requirements.
Mercer Mushrooms, based in the Waikato District of the North Island New Zealand, is seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated, experienced Substrate Manager to run a brand new 300 tonne plus per week Phase 3 indoor substrate operation. Only 35 minutes south of Auckland the rural operation is on the doorstep of New Zealand’s largest city and market.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the operation from Phase 1 through to Phase 3 composting.
- To Supply the Mushroom Farm with Weekly Phase 3 Substrate Tonnage.
- To Follow Agreed Procedures for Phase 1, 2 and 3 Substrate Production.
- To Operate the Facility in a Safe and Cost-Effective Manner.
- Experience in Managing a Successful Modern Tunnel Facility.
- Excellent Management and Leadership Skills.
- Ability to Coach, Train and Develop Team Skills.
- Demonstrated Problem Solving Ability.
- First Class Attitude Establishing & Maintaining a Safe Workplace.
- A ‘Hands On, Can Do’ Attitude.
- Good Communication Skills
- A Tertiary Qualification, Science or Agricultural Diploma/Degree.
If this sounds like you please contact Dave Hyland at email@example.com for more information and details regarding this position.