Top 5 -yesterday
- “We should be conscious that these increasing investments will demand payback”
- Top 5 AgriTech trends for 2022
- New Kenosha farm to provide greens to Midwest food distributor
- Vertical saffron to benefit not only food but also pharmaceutical industry
- US (IL): From racks of clothing to racks of leafy greens
Top 5 -last week
- Finland: Accelerating indoor farming projects throughout Europe, including cosmetics
- Norway: New 15.000m2 farm to supply the country’s 5 biggest cities
- Plenty appoints Arama Kukutai as new CEO
- Building strawberry farms to feed North America
- Vertical Future raises £21 million to stabilize production in the UK
Top 5 -last month
Head of Sales
Head of Sales for One of the Leading Fresh Sector Companies in the UK and Europe…
Job reference: 05380M
Job type: Commercial
Duration: Full Time
Location: Europe / UK - South / Home Based / UK - South East / Sussex
Skills required: Commercial / General Management / Planning / Marketing / New Product Development / Sales / Commercial Management / Strategic Planning
Sector: Fresh Produce / Fresh Food / Agriculture / Agri-Business / Horticulture / Fresh Food and Drink
Salary: ££ To Attract The Best
“The Summer Berry Company has been developed by a truly inspiring team, who’s aspirations and hard work have created market leading growing systems in areas of the world that allows them to produce the best fruit for more of the year than most.”
The Summer Berry Company (TSBC) captures all the best elements from its history and combines them in a concentrated form driven by a management team with many years of experience. The initial seeds of the business come from a business model that was first created in 1966. They look to capture the very best of their parentage and distill that into the future model of soft fruit production. Combined with state-of-the-art growing facilities being both glasshouse and field production sites which are unrivalled, they concentrate production and expertise on the South Coast of England and Southern Portugal. This allows them an extended cycle of production to delight their customers for longer. Their approach combines decades of experience, expertise, and passion with modern, innovative techniques. The result? Exceptional tasting fruit that brings a smile to your face!
Due to ongoing growth, they are now looking for a key individual to join them as their Head of Sales. To note, the role can be UK or EU based with travel.
This exciting role will have full control of their customer relationships and ensure all of their product sales achieve maximum profitability for the business ongoing. A key element of success is close attention to detail and having a clear understanding of their products’ cost drivers. The right candidate must ensure the business is making great commercial decisions and allow them to remain agile and responsive to sudden market movements. The best candidate for the role will have a track record for leveraging strong customer relationships but still be able to challenge both customers and internal stakeholders intelligently to achieve successful commercial outcomes. As a strong communicator you will be able to take the lead on developing and executing the business’s commercial strategy but do it in a way where all internal and external stakeholders feel involved.
Developing new markets and new relationships in existing markets will be a key requirement for this role. The business is looking to expand beyond its traditional UK and EU sales base so the right candidate needs to be adaptable to change but also able to lead that change. Seeking new opportunities and evaluating the right commercial direction is key to being able to deliver profitable growth for the Summer Berry Company.
The business aspires to have a sales and commercial function that is the envy of the sector and the right candidate will be able to seamlessly get up to speed and integrate with an existing, high-performing leadership team.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Profitable and sustainable sales of all products produced.
- Establishment of strong internal and external relationships.
- Ensure sell-through of all available products with zero markdowns or distress sale.
- Clear and effective communication with customers on all elements of supply.
- Successfully troubleshoot customer issues and maintain a highly effective CRM strategy.
- Driving continual improvement in commercial performance and seeking opportunities for profit improvement.
- Accurate management of all customer transactions to ensure invoicing, cost inputs, terms, and payment collection are happening in line with sales agreements.
- Being the voice of the customer in the business.
What We Are Looking to See From You:
- You will have a proven track record, working in sales, account management, or other commercial function managing the flow of short-shelf life goods through a complex supply chain.
- Being multilingual is an advantage to this pan-European role.
- A proven negotiator with relevant formal training.
- You should have experience in working with ERP, CRM, and forecasting systems and have experience in developing new processes that improve communication, visibility, or accuracy of commercial data.
- You will of course have a must and can-do attitude and be able to work in a fast-paced and pressured environment.
- A proven track record of delivering success through a well-structured team would be great to see.
- Clean driving license and full ability on Excel, PowerPoint, Word are taken as read.
Interested?! Please send your details via this link or call
Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting Ref:05380M
Please note that The Summer Berry Company is working with Redfox Executive Selection on an exclusive retained basis. As such any 3rd party CV’s will be directly forwarded to Redfox.