Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber

You are using software which is blocking our advertisements (adblocker).

As we provide the news for free, we are relying on revenues from our banners. So please disable your adblocker and reload the page to continue using this site.

Click here for a guide on disabling your adblocker.

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber

“China is catching up with the world as we see innovative projects every day”

Yujileds started with LED phosphor in 2006. Later on they stepped into the LED business. “We have become the industrial leader of high CRI technology, based on our superiorly bright and stable red phosphor”, Daniel Han, International Business Development Director at Yujileds says.   

Potential market 
The company sees its greatest demand coming from China. “However, our main markets are still in America and Europe. We must acknowledge that advanced LED technologies are better developed in western countries, at least in the early stage. However, the development of China is very rapid as well in terms of technology and its economy. But, with such a dense population China has a great potential for horticulture lighting. We should therefore really focus on this huge potential market. China is catching up with the world as we see innovative projects every day”, Han states.

Han says that when LED was still in its initial phase with limited development, the company was using pure semiconductor LEDs, blue and red. These are necessary for the plant growth and fruiting in the effective range of the photosynthetically active radiation. He continues: “However, the development of LED technology is fast and so is the photobiology. It’s found that, the full-spectrum, that covers all wavelengths homogeneously, becomes critical which is simulating the real sun spectrum that is desired. Now we can expect more like this from an LED.

As we focus more on the spectral quality for horticultural lighting, the balance between this and efficacy, we are the fastest to provide a customized solution with reliable quality and stable supply. The stability of the supply chain is a key factor as well because there is always a yield of high efficacy LED die: it determines the feasibility to supply it within a short time.”

Constant improvements
Han says that Yujileds never stops improving the cost-performance of our LEDs. The key factors of improving efficiency are the LED die and phosphor. For LED die they follow the latest improvements closely and update yearly or every half a year even. “As for the phosphor, we achieved the highest level on the external quantum efficiency with 86%, but are still trying to improve this 1%-2% year by year. Hence, to the same product, we improve the overall efficiency as 3%-8% every year, on average. In this case, sometimes only judging the relative energy cost is not comprehensive to evaluate the actual value for the industry”, Han adds.

Today, Yuji's phosphor is still at top-level and the company is manufacturing it by themselves. This makes them specialized in spectrum engineering The business has been diversified to many different applications that require specific spectrum recipes. Therefore they are not limited to LED packages, but there's a focus on integral solutions to help customers achieve their end products.

Horticultural spectra
"In the upcoming months, we will continue research of optimizing the spectrum for horticulture lighting. At the beginning of 2021, we expect to improve the efficacy up to 3.0μmol/J. In addition, besides our LED package, we will also provide lighting modules for easy assembling for the manufacturers based on different spectra.

From our spectrum journey presented below, in fact, we can also deduce the development of the LED in the whole world."

Yujileds is specialized and focused on spectrum technology. The company developed different spectra for horticulture lighting. Han continues: "I would like to introduce two specific spectra.

  • The first one is the Nourish series LED. It covers the PAR range between 400nm-700nm with an appropriate proportion between the blue and red light. Delivering 0.47μmol/s PPF with the optimized LED die, it achieves 2.7μmol/J efficacy.
  • The second one is the AP series that mimics sunlight with 98% similarity by 2.1μmol/J efficacy. This is the closest anyone has ever produced to the sunlight spectrum, but this maintains high efficacy so far, as we see in the market."

For more information:
Daniel Han
International Business Development Director