Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Breakthrough within vertical farming: growing 30 different crops in a 4-layer cultivation system
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- Why a US herb grower has moved 90% of production indoors
- Vertical farming robotics startup Fifth Season shuts down
- “If we can’t access fertilizer for whatever reason, our system will still work”
Coco substrate: a sustainable choice
"The future of sustainably produced coco substrate has received a new boost thanks to current economic developments," says Jelte Veenstra, director of Coco Substrates at Van der Knaap Group. In recent years, Van der Knaap has experienced a growing interest in coco. This year, they have witnessed an…
© Photoroller | Dreamstime.com
Ireland: Addressing the challenges related to peat supply in horticulture
The horticulture sector makes a significant contribution to the economy with a farm gate value of almost €521 million in 2021. and 17,600 people employed in primary production, value added and downstream businesses. Approximately 60% of the value of Irish horticulture is currently dependent on peat with…
"Why controlled environment agriculture is mission critical"
"Over the course of my career in the software industry, I have observed, experienced, and created many important technology-driven paradigm shifts. Each of these has been characterized by new tech-enabled processes, platforms, and experiences that resulted in material transformations for businesses,…