"The UK government is finally coming to terms with the urgent need for a cleaner future. Over a year after Theresa May committed to making the country net-zero by 2050, Boris Johnson set out a 10-point plan for a green revolution last month. As the UK prepares to host Cop26 next year, it is important that we show leadership on this issue. However, there is one major element missing, which is potentially transformative to the debate: food", writes Hermione Dace is a policy analyst at the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change in an opinion piece for The Independent.
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"Food is the missing piece of Boris Johnson’s green revolution"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-18 Local man builds indoor farm in South Bend
- 2022-01-18 New woman-owned urban farm in Dallas grows microgreens
- 2022-01-14 Finnish “winter strawberry” grown in vertical farm beats imported strawberry
- 2022-01-12 US (HI): Farmer sticks to his price with niche products
- 2022-01-11 Finland: Vertical farming at Pirkkala airport
- 2022-01-11 North-Dakota man grows lettuce year round
- 2022-01-10 Hydroponics has seen a 50% growth since the lockdown
- 2022-01-07 Celebrating 4 years of vertical growing in Churchill, Canada
- 2022-01-06 Pakistan: Agri-scientist for opting vertical farming for beauty and productivity
- 2022-01-06 Diary of a space zucchini, 10 years on
- 2022-01-05 NASA features horticulture in its ISS photos of the year
- 2022-01-04 Malaysia: A look inside 'the country's first in-store mall'
- 2022-01-04 "Hurricane protected this aquaponics vertical farm"
- 2021-12-24 Profitable farming project in less space: will vertical farming work for Indian farmers?
- 2021-12-24 Peter Barber: blazing a trail for rooftop farming in Singapore
- 2021-12-23 New plants just arrived at the International Space Station
- 2021-12-23 India: Women rubber-growers encouraged to start mushroom cultivation
- 2021-12-23 "Growing peppers on the ISS is just the start of space farming"
- 2021-12-23 Podcast: 'Identifying a clear vision and fulfilling a vision'
- 2021-12-22 "City allotments match farming productivity per square meter"