Infarm's growing centers integrate Infarm’s advanced cloud platform for sustainable farming, with automated mechanical hardware to offer a high-yield, high-capacity, urban farming.
Filled with modular farming units, they want to bring fresh food production at scale, right to the cities and communities served.
- Infarm Growing Center (IGC) - A local farm and distribution center in one, our growing centers can generate the crop-equivalent of thousands of meters of farmland directly in the city, saving land, water and food-miles and thus contributing to a more sustainable food system.
- Vertical - This vertical farming technology grows plants within a vertical footprint of up to 18 meters high.
- Automated storage and retrieval platforms allow for a handful of growers to manage the crop-equivalent of up to 10,000 sq meters of farmland
- Modular - Plug and play; capable of being distributed throughout the urban environment, bringing fresh food production much closer to consumers than ever before, while maintaining closed, specific climate controlled environments suitable for different crops.
- Sustainable - On average require 90% less transport, 95% less water than conventional agriculture, while using no chemical pesticides.
- Multi-Disciplinary Development Team - The development of our technology drew expertise from across a range of disciplines to conceive, prototype and drive innovation in urban agriculture. These include our teams of electrical and mechanical engineers, AI/machine learning analysts, data scientists, software and IoT developers, crop scientists, agriculturalists and plant biologists, and many more.
Design features of each IGC farming unit
- More Modular, Scalable & Rapidly Deployable
○ Up to 18 meters in height
○ Occupies 25 m2 of ground space
○ Produces the equivalent of up to 10,000 m2 of land
○ More than 400 times more efficient than soil-based agriculture
○ Uses 5 liters of water per kg of production
○ Saves up to 10,000,000 liters of water per year
- Automated Plant Retrieval System - mobile planting, storage and retrieval platforms allows 1-2 growers to manage crop-equivalent of thousands of meters of farmland, while reducing farm service times by 90%.
- Optimized Light Design - a smart LED management, supports energy efficiency and contributes up to 40% energy savings & up to 25% savings on initial investment.
- Water Recirculation & Irrigation System - A dedicated farm irrigation station combined with a specially-designed water evaporation capture and recirculation system maximizes water use efficiency, recirculating 20 liters of water of condensation water per hour and, saving up to 10,000,000 liters of water per year compared to soil-based agriculture for similar crops.
- Customizable Climate Management - Smart airflow control allows farm climate to be customized for each growing level of seedling, growing and mature plants.
- Farm Control Cloud Platform - Environmental data and plant recipe settings including CO2, temperature, light, pH and growth cycles can be set, monitored, analyzed and managed through the online Infarm farming platform; providing one-touch access to data across thousands of farms distributed around the world.