Dr. Sairam Palicherla is the founder of Urban Kisaan Farms Pvt. He has done PhD in the field of Agriculture Biotechnology. Skilled in Molecular Biology, Molecular Breeding, and Biotechnology Research, he is extensively working in the field of establishing commercially viable vertical farms suitable for urban dwellers. Building vertical farms in urban areas is his field of interest, which is why he has been working extensively on developing technologies for building these vertical farms for growing Indian vegetables right in the heart of the city. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.
TED talk by Dr. Sairam Reddy Palicherla
"Future farming will be safe and sustainable"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Recycled phosphorus fertilizer reduces nutrient leaching, maintains yield
- 2023-11-29 "This strain has been distilled into an easily utilized foliar spray"
- 2023-11-27 New database Dutch Names of Plant Diseases
- 2023-11-21 Henan has a thriving shiitake mushroom production
- 2023-11-16 Why airflow is crucial in vertical farms
- 2023-11-16 UK: New 'vertical greenhouse' of growing towers to supply fresh produce to restaurant, food hall, and cookery school
- 2023-11-13 Exposing plants to an unusual chemical early on may bolster their growth
- 2023-11-13 UK: Vertical farms to mass produce rare medicinal drugs
- 2023-11-13 US (WI): Growers go vertical at nonprofit UrbanPonics
- 2023-11-13 UK: Aeroponics cuts 5-month strawberry plant cultivation period to 5 weeks
- 2023-11-09 Bayer considers spinning off crop protection
- 2023-11-08 Investigating the unknows of the hydroponic leafy crop production
- 2023-11-08 US: Ariana DeBose helps Teens for Food Justice raise over $900,000
- 2023-11-06 Ukraine: Business cultivates and sells microgreens and edible flowers
- 2023-11-02 Tomatoes in spaceflight: A giant leap for human (and plant) kind
- 2023-10-31 Philippines: Greenhouse to boost urban food security in Iloilo City