Dr. Sairam Palicherla is the founder of Urban Kisaan Farms Pvt. He has done PhD in the field of Agriculture Biotechnology. Skilled in Molecular Biology, Molecular Breeding, and Biotechnology Research, he is extensively working in the field of establishing commercially viable vertical farms suitable for urban dwellers. Building vertical farms in urban areas is his field of interest, which is why he has been working extensively on developing technologies for building these vertical farms for growing Indian vegetables right in the heart of the city. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.
Top 5 - yesterday
- How growers are future-proofing with flexibility and innovation
- Philippines: Pampanga farmers urged to switch to in demand, high-value crops
- Research as a Service at a fraction of the cost revealed at Indoor Ag-Con 2023
- Next-gen vertical farming, sensors and energy generation showcased to US Midwest State Legislators
- Floating farms are transforming life on India’s waterways
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Red dwarf tomatoes are thriving in space
- Italy: "Same productivity, but without the energy costs from artificial lighting"
- What happened with vertical farming and how can we fix it?
- Step aside, leafy greens – it’s high-value crops only in these space-bound pods
- How to buy quality grow lights and get the amount of light needed
TED talk by Dr. Sairam Reddy Palicherla
"Future farming will be safe and sustainable"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-20 US: Young growers struggling to deal with USDA
- 2023-03-17 Next-gen vertical farming, sensors and energy generation showcased to US Midwest State Legislators
- 2023-03-17 Floating farms are transforming life on India’s waterways
- 2023-03-17 How to build your controlled environment agriculture facility design team
- 2023-03-17 Seaweed production has grown by nearly 75% globally in the past decade
- 2023-03-16 Red dwarf tomatoes are thriving in space
- 2023-03-16 Mass media campaigns can be effective in promoting safer crop pest and disease control
- 2023-03-15 How astronauts could farm on the moon with lunar soil nutrients
- 2023-03-15 Sleep-inducing lettuce to be grown in Australia
- 2023-03-10 How to clean a hydroponic system full of algae
- 2023-03-09 Stress memory in plants could hold key to growing disease resistant crops
- 2023-03-07 How do you overcome the environmental challenges of indoor farming?
- 2023-03-06 India: Kerala Government to promote vertical vegetable gardens in urban areas and suburbs
- 2023-03-06 US (AL): Local farmers give Coosa Christian students hands-on experience in hydroponics
- 2023-03-03 The pros and cons of indoor farms
- 2023-03-02 Growing a mix of lettuce, lettuce leaves, and young leafy greens
- 2023-03-02 “My daughter has come up with our best slogan: It’s time to grow up!”
- 2023-02-24 University begins growing herbs and leafy greens in indoor farm
- 2023-02-23 UAE: Cloud-seeding to help improve production of certain crops, tackle water scarcity
- 2023-02-23 Hydroponic system to grow cucumbers with iFarm tech