What's hot in 2022? That is what the American National Restaurant Association looked at in its 2022 Culinary Forecast. The trend report features topics like plant-based and zero-waste packaging, which are both increasingly important for consumers and thus for the entire industry. Among the most influential cuisines, those from Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Singapore, the Philippines) top the list.
Top 5 -yesterday
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- USDA announces grants for urban agriculture and innovative production
- CAN (MB): Inventor comes up with homegrown solution for $5 lettuce
- AU: Perfect produce with no sun or soil, but will high energy inputs be a threat to this indoor farm?
- Vertical farming unit for research into crops in controlled environments
Top 5 -last week
- "Our farm consumes 600 kW/h per m2 of cultivation area per year"
- NL: Future Crops goes bankrupt
- Growing pains on the way to a more resilient vertical farming industry
- "How betting the farm, and losing it, taught me an invaluable lessons in CEA"
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
Top 5 -last month
- "We could produce about 1,000 heads of lettuce every single week"
- CAN (AB): Solar-powered farms yield 12k heads of lettuces per month
- UAE: “Growing in soil is more expensive, but the plant is so much better”
- Saffron: a proper crop for enhancing profits?
- “Pioneers get killed, second-generation farmers get rich”
What's hot in 2022?
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-30 France is preparing a law allowing the industry to better negotiate with retailers
- 2023-01-30 Cultivating urban farming in Malaysia
- 2023-01-30 Teaching self-sustainability to schools and communities across South Africa
- 2023-01-27 Why vertical farming falls short of the hype
- 2023-01-26 NL: How popular is greenhouse horticulture among young people?
- 2023-01-25 US (CA): $150M available to California growers for energy-saving upgrades
- 2023-01-24 The food systems that will feed Mars are set to influence food on Earth
- 2023-01-24 Growing pains on the way to a more resilient vertical farming industry
- 2023-01-23 So what’s the scoop on the lack of lettuce?
- 2023-01-19 Obstacles for outdoor growers are opportunities for indoor growers
- 2023-01-18 “Pioneers get killed, second-generation farmers get rich”
- 2023-01-17 Philippines: Microgreens have the potential to contribute to food diversity and nutrition
- 2023-01-17 India: An overview of agritech in 2022: Growth, hits and misses
- 2023-01-16 Jamaicans called on to embrace agriculture
- 2023-01-16 US (OH): Urban agriculture looks to new foundations in Toledo
- 2023-01-13 'The growing need for urban and vertical farming in Malaysia'
- 2023-01-11 Scaling up vegetable farms for wholesale markets
- 2023-01-06 What the Colorado River crisis could mean for indoor agriculture
- 2023-01-05 California leads nation in organic farming
- 2023-01-05 How automation is being used in agtech