A new kind of greenhouse in Cleburne, Texas, is proving that combining vertical farming with hydroponic farming could make food production more economically efficient and environmentally sustainable. NBCLX News Now host Eric Alvarez visited Eden Green Technology to learn more about what may be the future of agriculture.
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Philippines: Entrepreneur goes hydroponic with his mushroom vertical farm
- Turkey: 1500m2 vertical farm opened inside well-known shopping mall
- Indoor Farm Guwahati now largest indoor farm in the region with a capacity of over 13,000 plants
- Hydroponics, open grow farming, and vertical setup: all in one
- What crops can be grown in a vertical farm?
Top 5 - last month
- Singapore: Man charged for running investment scam on hydroponics, aquaponics farming
- Science student builds own hydroponic farm
- “Our vertical farm ensures a regular income for producers while saving natural resources”
- NZ: Man 3D prints hydroponic setup to counter expensive systems
- South Africa: Case study on Touws River Commercial Hydroponic Farm
Combining vertical farming with hydroponics in Texas
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-26 New tech to develop vertical farms in Italy
- 2023-05-25 Fertilizer affordability starts to improve after two turbulent years
- 2023-05-24 "As soon as there is a crisis, there is more need to zoom in on data"
- 2023-05-18 Turkey: Customizable, mesh pots aim to bring transparency to horticultural plastics industry
- 2023-05-18 New strategy identified to curb Fusarium
- 2023-05-18 UK: Double-decker bus to be transformed into greenhouse in Newcastle
- 2023-05-15 Ultrafiltration highly suitable for removal of nematodes and tomato virus
- 2023-05-15 New basil variety helps indoor grower to differentiate
- 2023-05-12 Embracing change with new growing systems
- 2023-05-12 Cultivation digitization: how can growers get started?
- 2023-05-10 Greenhouse grower distributes eMagazine ‘The Power of a Greenhouse’
- 2023-05-09 CEA mushroom farm to be built in Western Australia
- 2023-05-09 Bahrain’s agribusiness platform Green Corp takes a stake in Badia Farms
- 2023-05-03 "LIFE Farmitank vertical farming project starts crop demonstration trials"
- 2023-05-03 Canobi partners with HarvestAI for machine learning harvest prediction
- 2023-05-03 University of Florida Greenhouse Training Online 2023 program starts May 29th
- 2023-05-02 Growing saffron vertically in India
- 2023-05-02 How viable is vertical farming?
- 2023-05-02 China: Vertical farming reaches new heights
- 2023-05-02 Replacing growers with AI: autonomous, low-cost strawberry farms