Since Gather in Omaha opened in September, they’ve more than doubled the size of their indoor urban farm and now have over sixty vertical growing towers. You don’t have to dine in to enjoy it—visitors can buy produce straight from the source.
Top 5 - yesterday
- How growers are future-proofing with flexibility and innovation
- Philippines: Pampanga farmers urged to switch to in demand, high-value crops
- Research as a Service at a fraction of the cost revealed at Indoor Ag-Con 2023
- Next-gen vertical farming, sensors and energy generation showcased to US Midwest State Legislators
- Floating farms are transforming life on India’s waterways
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Red dwarf tomatoes are thriving in space
- Italy: "Same productivity, but without the energy costs from artificial lighting"
- What happened with vertical farming and how can we fix it?
- Step aside, leafy greens – it’s high-value crops only in these space-bound pods
- How to buy quality grow lights and get the amount of light needed
US: Restaurant installs tower farms to grow their own ingredients
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-15 CAN (AB): AgriPlay joins accelerator program
- 2023-03-14 Supplying the entire growing package: from lights to climate control
- 2023-03-10 Saving space with 'telescoping' gutter systems that grow with the plant
- 2023-03-03 Seneca partners with Just Vertical to improve harvestable yields in non-ideal growth conditions
- 2023-03-02 Step aside, leafy greens – it’s high-value crops only in these space-bound pods
- 2023-02-23 The mighty power of microgreens
- 2023-01-12 Avisomo's Growth Station nominated for Fruit Logistica Innovation Award 2023
- 2023-01-10 Slovakia: Indoor farming needs complex crops to be profitable and beat high energy crops
- 2022-12-06 US: 'Designed to create larger impacts with less operating costs'
- 2022-11-08 Element Hotels partners with LettuceGrow adding towers to properties
- 2022-11-02 Bio-composing: making music with living walls
- 2022-11-01 AmplifiedAg introduces vertical propagation to its indoor agriculture platform
- 2022-10-20 Clemson Extension is educating about agriculture at the South Carolina State Fair
- 2022-10-17 From lettuce to shrimps in container farms, with promising margins
- 2022-09-07 US (SC): Local elementary school installs its first soilless garden
- 2022-09-06 Malaysia: biodegradable containers as "hope boxes"
- 2022-08-30 Nutrients for hydroponic farming
- 2022-08-29 Canada: Underground farm in Quebéc to grow over 16 crops year-round
- 2022-08-10 Norway: “As far as I know, I haven’t seen this technology implemented into any large-scale vertical farm yet”
- 2022-07-22 Berlin: fog for growing crops and plants faster and more efficient