What are the developments in the cultivation of lettuce on water? And what developments are still to come? Various experts on the cultivation systems, growing and crop, highlight this topic and share their views. Speakers: Veronique Savelkoul, BASF Vegetable Seeds Under the brand Nunhems, BASF Vegetable Seeds ''offers high-quality vegetable seeds and expert advice in 24 crops, offered to the professional vegetable production industry and supply chain.''
Top 5 -yesterday
- 'Has CEA lost or won the first major battle?'
- How to reduce indoor farm operating costs
- Vertical Harvest Farms and FundHER World Capital form partnership
- US (NJ): Passaic wants to fill former industrial sites with produce farms, the vertical kind
- Canada: New growing containers will bring the green to Nipissing
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- The industry responds to Infarm news
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- Why a US herb grower has moved 90% of production indoors
- “If we can’t access fertilizer for whatever reason, our system will still work”
- 'Vertical farms must trim costs to achieve profitability'
Market insights, challenges, and opportunities: hydroponics
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 'Has CEA lost or won the first major battle?'
- 2022-11-30 The industry responds to Infarm news
- 2022-11-29 Lithuania: The potential, challenges and possibilities of urban agriculture
- 2022-11-25 "Food shortages need local discussions"
- 2022-11-24 Vertical farms bring locally grown produce to supermarket shelves
- 2022-11-22 Canada: Lettuce prices going through the roof
- 2022-11-21 How rising energy prices, fluctuating exchange rate affects Dutch cultivation and trade, plus several other developments
- 2022-11-21 Canada: Mushroom growers have to pay the carbon tax unlike other greenhouse operators
- 2022-11-21 $6 lettuce explained: Why leafy greens are so expensive right now in B.C.
- 2022-11-15 India: Business graduate sets up J&K's first hydroponic farm
- 2022-11-14 EU approves the CAP strategic plans of Estonia and Latvia
- 2022-11-11 "Sustainability claims behind booming food technologies lack evidence"
- 2022-11-10 China: Smart agriculture promoted at CIIE fair
- 2022-11-10 EU Commission addresses availability and affordability of fertilizers
- 2022-11-09 Recall for lettuce varieties after exceeding limit for Lambda-cyhalothrin in Belgium
- 2022-11-07 UK: Collaboration on exploring the best practices in vertical farming
- 2022-11-01 US (TX): Why companies and nonprofits are turning to vertical farms to boost food supply
- 2022-10-31 Indoor growing could feed Canadians, and others
- 2022-10-28 Amsterdam: Vertical farming has shown technological progress but investors remain distant
- 2022-10-28 How could AI impact the future of vertical farming?