Grönska is a Swedish tech-company that has been developing, building, and testing vertical farming technology since 2014. With a vision to make the city self-sufficient through sustainable greens and by supplying food for a growing population without consuming the planet's resources. Their first system was about the size of a van. In 2018, Grönska inaugurated one of Europe's largest vertical farms on the outskirts of Stockholm. Read more on the company in this Verticalfarmdaily article.
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Breakthrough within vertical farming: growing 30 different crops in a 4-layer cultivation system
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- Why a US herb grower has moved 90% of production indoors
- Vertical farming robotics startup Fifth Season shuts down
- “If we can’t access fertilizer for whatever reason, our system will still work”
Growing to make Stockholm self-sufficient
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-30 Healthy seeds, and good germination with Plasma Activated Water seed treatment
- 2022-11-30 South Korea has almost zero food waste. Here’s what we can learn
- 2022-11-30 Jamaica: Youth for Excellence to Host Symposia in Grants Pen and Rose Town
- 2022-11-30 Batangas students bag top award at Singapore engineering contest
- 2022-11-29 UK: Step inside the north-east’s first vertical farm as it reaches new heights
- 2022-11-29 US (TX): Laredo agtech finds success, one microgreen at a time
- 2022-11-28 Inside the mushroom growing farm in the Abu Dhabi desert
- 2022-11-28 Belgian company Protealis speeds up development of European soybeans
- 2022-11-25 CAN: Legacy Co-op announces sustainable modular farm project
- 2022-11-25 US (NY): Astoria Queens Energy Tech High School welcomes new hydroponic greenhouse
- 2022-11-25 South Africa: Western Cape's first urban rooftop farm launched
- 2022-11-24 NASA funds study after food grown during human space exploration
- 2022-11-24 US (NC): Hydroponic units supply food pantry
- 2022-11-23 Bermuda: "Economic recovery is too important to rely on ideas like vertical farming"
- 2022-11-23 Korean agtech to export container farm for pilot project in Oman
- 2022-11-23 Peru: New aquaponic project launched in indigenous community
- 2022-11-23 "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- 2022-11-22 Hawaii: Maui trout farmer is closing up shop after rough year
- 2022-11-22 India: Man grows veggies in PVC pipes
- 2022-11-21 Uganda: Former teachers’ story of successful urban farming