"The topic of sustainability and intelligent use of resources is one of the greatest challenges we face, in the food industry in particular," says Claus Romanowsky, marketing manager future of automation with Siemens. In this video, he explains how Siemens uses autonomous robots for food production.
Top 5 - yesterday
- Indoor growers fight pests and diseases with LED lighting
- Latvia: “Container farms are everything you need, modular and affordable”
- Crash course on hydroponic farming in India
- The evolution of the microgreens business
- Finland: Arctic Farming searches partner for life-cycle assessment and impact of their product
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Red dwarf tomatoes are thriving in space
- Italy: "Same productivity, but without the energy costs from artificial lighting"
- What happened with vertical farming and how can we fix it?
- Step aside, leafy greens – it’s high-value crops only in these space-bound pods
- How to buy quality grow lights and get the amount of light needed
Vertical Farming - Enjoying a sustainable and smart future
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-24 Can the heat from running computers help grow food?
- 2023-03-17 How growers are future-proofing with flexibility and innovation
- 2023-03-17 That's one big Ultrafiltration solution
- 2023-03-17 "Biggest benefits for dehumidification at night and during fringe hours"
- 2023-03-14 Italy: New system for managing hydroponic crops
- 2023-03-10 South Korean institute develops smart farm robot
- 2023-03-08 US (IL): iSEE seed-funds project on high tunnel farming with robotics
- 2023-03-07 "Baseline plant pots as recyclable alternatives to black plant pots"
- 2023-03-03 "Automatic nutrient measurement is ready to be put into practice"
- 2023-03-01 "Lean principles and modern material handling systems can improve vertical farm efficiency"
- 2023-02-27 Ozonation for greenhouse surface cleaning, available in early 2023
- 2023-02-22 Sweden: Optimize your farming processes with sensors developed to work with most types of indoor growing infrastructure
- 2023-02-15 Plant Products, one year after the acquisition by Biobest
- 2023-02-07 US: Amazon backed greenhouse starts selling via Amazon Fresh
- 2023-02-03 “Our systems deliver low footprint, high-quality crops with minimal energy requirements”
- 2023-01-31 "Affordable organic foods can be produced from commercial aquaponic greenhouse farms"
- 2023-01-17 How to get the best quality out of your Oyster mushrooms
- 2023-01-12 System gives roots extra oxygen: "It's actually a small water purification system"
- 2023-01-09 Agritecture launches farm planning platform
- 2022-12-16 Is a fan without a wire guard more energy efficient?