"The topic of sustainability and intelligent use of resources is one of the greatest challenges we face, in the food industry in particular," says Claus Romanowsky, marketing manager future of automation with Siemens. In this video, he explains how Siemens uses autonomous robots for food production.
Top 5 -yesterday
- CubicFarm Systems sells 12 farms for $2 mln
- CAN: These rural Alberta students built a wind turbine and hydroponics system
- US (TN): Luxury resort opened in Franklin, including 1400m2 vertical farm
- US (KY): Square Roots opens new indoor farm in Shepherdsville
- US: 'Designed to create larger impacts with less operating costs'
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Vertical Farming - Enjoying a sustainable and smart future
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-23 New EU project wants to develop inclusive data economy for Europe’s food systems
- 2022-11-16 Vertical farming provides sustainable and consistent production in the Middle East
- 2022-11-16 Introduction video: see strawberry harvesting robot in action
- 2022-11-11 Photosynthetic's approach to AI and machine learning in vertical farming
- 2022-11-03 Norway: Summer internship leads to strawberry robot
- 2022-10-21 SA: Expert warns that cyber threats to smart farming could threaten food security
- 2022-09-27 "Increasing adoption of ag robots as more growers ‘get it’"
- 2022-09-27 CHP systems offer growers more flexibility
- 2022-09-26 How to solve efficiency in farm processing
- 2022-09-23 “Blockchain technology makes wondering about missing crates a thing of the past"
- 2022-09-19 From high in the mountains to a tropical island: growers are looking to add extra oxygen to their crops
- 2022-09-15 New harvesting machine allows for easy and sleek harvesting of indoor-grown produce
- 2022-09-14 The importance of HVAC maintenance: how to check your heater
- 2022-08-31 Robotic strawberry harvester adding more algorithms to improve harvesting precision
- 2022-08-22 "Vertical farming will ultimately increase supply security"
- 2022-08-19 Cyber attacks growing threat to food security
- 2022-08-16 Monitoring thrips with image technology unique, biological pest controllers soon to be counted digitally
- 2022-08-11 How conveyor systems improve productivity, economics and space
- 2022-07-14 Peroxyacetic acid a safe and effective alternative to chlorine-based hygiene programs
- 2022-07-13 Software tool helps growers calculate light distribution of growing facility