After two successful years online, the 3rd Vertical Farming World Congress will be held in Brussels at the heart of European policy-making from 19 to 21 September.
Aimed at operators, suppliers, investors, advisers, legislators, and policymakers, the program is stacked with top company leaders and the latest in technology innovation.
- The opening address will be given by one of President Obama’s key agriculture advisers, Sonny Ramaswamy.
- An industry leadership panel will feature chief officers from AeroFarms, Bowery, Infarm, and Jones Food Company.
- Other speakers will be flying in from Australia, Korea, North America, and Singapore alongside entrepreneurs from Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, and Sweden.
Additional highlights of the event include:
- Visits to urban farms in the new Abattoir re-development site, such as the Urban Harvest vertical farm, the ECLO underground mushroom farm, and the BIGH aquaponics greenhouse.
- The Vertical Farming World Awards dinner to celebrate all aspects of recent industry success, as well as extensive other networking opportunities.
- Policy round tables to support the industry’s growing recognition and representation.
“We are hoping to attract almost all of the industry’s key players to this event because there is no other global forum at such a senior level of participation,” commented Richard Hall, Chair of Zenith Global, the specialist food industry consultants and organizers of the Congress. “It’s particularly important for the industry to make its mark with Government and the media to demonstrate its potential contribution to high-quality local food when traditional supply chains are struggling in the wake of covid and conflict.”
The FarmTech Society is the Official Event Partner for the Congress, whose Chair Mary Ellis adds: “Agriculture must be transformed through innovation, education and policy change to foster a resilient,
a local and secure production system that is respectful of the environment.”
Full program and booking details for the Congress are available online here. Early booking discounted rates apply until 22 July.
For more information:
+44 (0)1225 327900