Switchpoint's vision is to defeat homelessness. Their Rise Garden Towers will make over 100,000 leafy greens per year that will help feed their residents, as well as be sold to the community to help provide jobs and sustainability for Switchpoint. Their other project, Stepping Stones Daycare, provides child care services 24/7 for parents in need that have crazy work schedules.
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Breakthrough within vertical farming: growing 30 different crops in a 4-layer cultivation system
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- Why a US herb grower has moved 90% of production indoors
- Vertical farming robotics startup Fifth Season shuts down
- “If we can’t access fertilizer for whatever reason, our system will still work”
What's happening in southern Utah: Switchpoint Rise Gardens
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-28 Inside the mushroom growing farm in the Abu Dhabi desert
- 2022-11-28 Belgian company Protealis speeds up development of European soybeans
- 2022-11-25 CAN: Legacy Co-op announces sustainable modular farm project
- 2022-11-25 US (NY): Astoria Queens Energy Tech High School welcomes new hydroponic greenhouse
- 2022-11-25 South Africa: Western Cape's first urban rooftop farm launched
- 2022-11-24 NASA funds study after food grown during human space exploration
- 2022-11-24 US (NC): Hydroponic units supply food pantry
- 2022-11-23 Bermuda: "Economic recovery is too important to rely on ideas like vertical farming"
- 2022-11-23 Korean agtech to export container farm for pilot project in Oman
- 2022-11-23 Peru: New aquaponic project launched in indigenous community
- 2022-11-23 "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- 2022-11-22 Hawaii: Maui trout farmer is closing up shop after rough year
- 2022-11-22 India: Man grows veggies in PVC pipes
- 2022-11-21 Uganda: Former teachers’ story of successful urban farming
- 2022-11-21 Ireland: Lockdown project spawns mushroom farm with big ideas
- 2022-11-21 Bermuda: Kalera's farm plans put on hold
- 2022-11-21 ‘We can’t stand still and farm like we’ve always farmed’
- 2022-11-21 Canada: Local hydroponic farmers seeing boom amid leafy green shortages
- 2022-11-18 Scaling out aeroponics technology for potato mini tuber production in Rwanda
- 2022-11-18 Bermuda: Clubs consider hosting vertical farming