Is indoor farming sustainable? This important question was fielded at GreenTech 2022 in Amsterdam four weeks ago. Dr. Mary Ellis, chairwoman of FarmtechSociety, hosted Annie Wissemeier (InfiteAcres), Tim Bongartz (FLUENCE), Jack Farmer (LetUSgrow), and Carrol Plummer (Vivent) to cut through the maze of thinking around sustainability beyond it being just a catchphrase.
Top 5 - yesterday
- How growers are future-proofing with flexibility and innovation
- Philippines: Pampanga farmers urged to switch to in demand, high-value crops
- Research as a Service at a fraction of the cost revealed at Indoor Ag-Con 2023
- Next-gen vertical farming, sensors and energy generation showcased to US Midwest State Legislators
- Floating farms are transforming life on India’s waterways
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Red dwarf tomatoes are thriving in space
- Italy: "Same productivity, but without the energy costs from artificial lighting"
- What happened with vertical farming and how can we fix it?
- Step aside, leafy greens – it’s high-value crops only in these space-bound pods
- How to buy quality grow lights and get the amount of light needed
Is indoor farming sustainable?
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-20 Rectification: Bowery Farming not affected by SVB bankruptcy
- 2023-03-20 Vertical farms and microgreens may convince toddlers to finally eat their greens
- 2023-03-17 Philippines: Pampanga farmers urged to switch to in demand, high-value crops
- 2023-03-14 China: New-generation of growers return to their hometowns to launch horti businesses - successfully
- 2023-03-14 The future of Wisconsin's indoor farm industry
- 2023-03-10 How will the vertical farming model develop?
- 2023-03-08 An insight into the challenges facing vertical farms
- 2023-03-08 What happened with vertical farming and how can we fix it?
- 2023-03-07 French horticultural sector to receive €200m government aid
- 2023-03-07 ICYMI: Youth and hydroponics – a perfect match
- 2023-03-07 UK 'leading the way' for global agri-tech investments
- 2023-03-06 The FoodTech500 2022 listing
- 2023-03-06 UK: Midlands growers warn that salad shortage could last weeks
- 2023-03-03 Vertical farming in Saudi Arabia
- 2023-03-01 Higher demand for herbs from southern Europe, Israel, and Kenya
- 2023-02-28 Hong Kong has become the city where farms grow their crops in the sky
- 2023-02-28 "The vertical farming bubble is finally popping"
- 2023-02-27 Is vertical farming UAE’s next high-growth industry?
- 2023-02-24 "Advancements in technology lead the vertical farming sector"
- 2023-02-23 UK shortages? "Enough iceberg lettuce to sink the Titanic"