For the sixth time, Food100 presents a list of the current 100 most important Dutch food changers. The compilers say these "up-and-coming talents and established leaders" are building a better, fairer food system for everyone. With this list, Food100 provides a stage for impact makers within Dutch agrifood who think, dare, and act differently. This year's list includes OneThird, Glowfarms, and Physee.
An independent expert jury compiled this Food100 list from more than 250 applications. They judged the candidates on four criteria: strength, innovation, sustainability, and how much knowledge and insight the candidate shares. The 2022 jury broadly reflects the food chain and consists of:
- Jury chairman, Christiaan Vette, independent strategic, innovative, and transformative consultant.
- Isabel Boerdam, who founded the Green Food Lab, the Hippe Vegetariër (the Hip Vegetarian), and De Week Zonder Vlees (the Meatless Week).
- Dr. Jeroen Candel, associate professor of public administration and member of the Animal Affairs Council and the Transition Coalition Food's supervisory board.
- Anne Reijnders, who inspires new eating habits via her business, De Lekkere Man, and TV programs.
- Tim van der Mark, pig farmer and Nederlands Agrarisch Jongeren Kontakt board member.
- Tarique Arsiwalla, who founded Protix, invests in sustainable agri start-ups and is a Vermaat Group strategic consultant.
- Dalila Sayd, whose Het Eetschap foundation is part of the social food landscape.
F.l.t.r. Glowfarms, Physee, and OneThird.
You can see the full 2022 Food100 list here. Since this is not a competition, it is intentionally arranged in alphabetical order. "All nominees provided a motivation to earn their place on this list and, thus, become part of the Food100 network," the jury members say.