This episode of The Farming Show continues the conversation with Zandile Khumalo of Neighbour Roots in Morningside, Sandton. In addition to being a hydroponic farmer, Zandile also holds a degree in analytical chemistry. In this episode, Zandile discusses in detail how she built her rooftop farm and how she managed to operate it like a business. Tune in to learn more about how Zandile made her rooftop farm a successful, lucrative enterprise.
Top 5 -yesterday
- Kalera PLC to focus on US solemnly, eyeing growth potential in existing farms
- New vertical farm to grow 45 million pounds of mushroom root for plant-based meat
- AU: Old factory to become largest exotic mushroom farm
- Horizontal vs. vertical stacking of plants
- Artechno is not sitting still: "Working on wider deployment of vertical farms"
Top 5 -last week
- NL: Future Crops goes bankrupt
- "Our farm consumes 600 kW/h per m2 of cultivation area per year"
- "How betting the farm, and losing it, taught me an invaluable lessons in CEA"
- Growing pains on the way to a more resilient vertical farming industry
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
Top 5 -last month
- "We could produce about 1,000 heads of lettuce every single week"
- CAN (AB): Solar-powered farms yield 12k heads of lettuces per month
- Saffron: a proper crop for enhancing profits?
- UAE: “Growing in soil is more expensive, but the plant is so much better”
- “Pioneers get killed, second-generation farmers get rich”
Rooftop farming with neighbour roots part 4: business in agriculture
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-31 Horizontal vs. vertical stacking of plants
- 2023-01-31 AU: Old factory to become largest exotic mushroom farm
- 2023-01-30 CAN (ON): University of Guelph students are in the race to grow food in space
- 2023-01-25 US: Research expanding opportunities for commercial seaweed production
- 2023-01-24 Putting the fun in fungi
- 2023-01-20 CAN (BC): North Vancouver company builds system for deep space farming
- 2023-01-20 Veganuary: can vertical farming help to provide alternative protein?
- 2023-01-18 US (PA): Penn State assists Cameroonian refugees with specialty mushroom ventures
- 2023-01-12 How to grow Broccoli microgreens
- 2023-01-10 Unpacking the packaging potential of mycelium, the mushroom ‘roots’ of many uses
- 2023-01-06 Bringing fresh greens into Detroit with vertical farming & Planted Detroit
- 2023-01-04 To boldly grow: how space agtech shapes farming on Earth
- 2023-01-03 Key mistakes of vertical farms
- 2023-01-03 High-tech New Zealand strawberries on the horizon
- 2023-01-02 "We could produce about 1,000 heads of lettuce every single week"
- 2022-12-22 Rwanda: Strawberry farming turns into fruitful business
- 2022-12-22 Philippines: Agribusiness advocate Jiggy Manicad promotes backyard, urban farming
- 2022-12-22 Common nutrient deficiencies in plants (II): shortage of Magnesium and Calcium
- 2022-12-21 Brazil: Pink Farms aims to bag $3mln in funding to expand
- 2022-12-21 Nigeria: Training youth to grow with hydroponics