JPFA is organizing a strawberry course for plant factories with articficial lighting. The course will be online and will take place from Oct. 13-31, 2022. Applications are now welcome.
Find more details here.
Lecturers and professionals with a wide range of knowledge about strawberries from the Ohio State University, Chiba University, Meiji University, a strawberry PFAL, a seedling company, and the JPFA will present lectures, case studies, and the question-and-answer session.
The core topics of the Strawberry Course are:
- The current situation on strawberry production in PFALs in Japan and the world
- Physiology of strawberries
- Strawberry production compared to the leafy green production in PFALs
- Keys to strawberry cultivation management in PFALs
- Case study: Strawberry production in a test facility in the Kashiwanoha campus
- Case study: Strawberry seedling company, introducing the seed-propagated cultivars
- Challenges and future development of strawberry production and breeding for PFALs
All lectures are pre-recorded, and participants can view lecture videos at their convenience during the course period. A live question-and-answer session will be held in late October to clear questions and deepen participants’ understanding. The time required to view all lecture videos will be about 6 hours and 1 hour for the live Q&A session.
If you have any questions about the course, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit www.npoplantfactory.org.