During one of the FarmTechSociety-hosted GreenTech 2022 panels in Amsterdam earlier this year, a truly intriguing battle for modified thinking over urban farming, the utilization of urban spaces, and the profitability of new ideas raged in a though-provoking set of interactions moderated by Tiffany Tsui, Managing Partner | CSO of Vertical Farm Institute.
Top 5 - yesterday
- US (NY): Upward Farms ceases all vertical farming operations
- US (GA): Hardee Fresh closes $56 million for new 30,000m2 vertical farm in Americus
- US: Virginia senator Mark Warner visits AeroFarms' Danville facility
- US: Bowery partners with sweetgreen to supply its new bowls
- What does ChatGPT know about co-creative urban farming and vertical farming?
Top 5 - last week
- US (NY): Upward Farms to lay off 78 employees and close Williamsburg facility
- Soil and the future of vertical farming
- Latvia: “Container farms are everything you need, modular and affordable”
- Crash course on hydroponic farming in India
- US (CA): Local farm supplies between 500-900 pounds mushrooms weekly
Top 5 - last month
- Red dwarf tomatoes are thriving in space
- India: “We’re setting up farms globally for a fraction of the costs”
- Italy: "Same productivity, but without the energy costs from artificial lighting"
- What happened with vertical farming and how can we fix it?
- Step aside, leafy greens – it’s high-value crops only in these space-bound pods
Modular solutions for new building typologies in CEA
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-31 UAE: Tapping into fruiting crops and adding new facilities throughout the MEASA region
- 2023-03-31 What does ChatGPT know about co-creative urban farming and vertical farming?
- 2023-03-29 Canada: Agriplay eyes operating profit margin of ~22% in repurposed buildings
- 2023-03-28 The Philippines and South Korea team up in study of modern farming methods
- 2023-03-28 US: Lettuce prices likely to rise again amid California flooding, experts say
- 2023-03-24 Bermuda: Old building potentially turned into indoor farm
- 2023-03-24 Great Australian lettuce inflation should be a lesson for the future
- 2023-03-23 US: NIFA invests $9.4M in urban and indoor and other emerging production initiatives
- 2023-03-23 UAE: ADQ and ZERO partner on vertical farming project in AgTech Park
- 2023-03-22 Swiss: MABEWO group eyes small vertical farms as backup for local food production
- 2023-03-22 CAN: Almaguin Highlands welcomes its first vertical farm
- 2023-03-21 iFarm launches contest to help design their Bali farm
- 2023-03-20 Rectification: Bowery Farming not affected by SVB bankruptcy
- 2023-03-20 Vertical farms and microgreens may convince toddlers to finally eat their greens
- 2023-03-17 Philippines: Pampanga farmers urged to switch to in demand, high-value crops
- 2023-03-14 China: New-generation of growers return to their hometowns to launch horti businesses - successfully
- 2023-03-14 The future of Wisconsin's indoor farm industry
- 2023-03-10 How will the vertical farming model develop?
- 2023-03-08 An insight into the challenges facing vertical farms
- 2023-03-08 What happened with vertical farming and how can we fix it?