During one of the FarmTechSociety-hosted GreenTech 2022 panels in Amsterdam earlier this year, a truly intriguing battle for modified thinking over urban farming, the utilization of urban spaces, and the profitability of new ideas raged in a though-provoking set of interactions moderated by Tiffany Tsui, Managing Partner | CSO of Vertical Farm Institute.
Top 5 -yesterday
- Consumer perception of vertical farming (products) in the Netherlands
- South Africa: Western Cape's first urban rooftop farm launched
- CAN: Legacy Co-op announces sustainable modular farm project
- How two brothers grow a whole farm in shipping containers on a Denver used car lot
- CubicFarm Systems announces resignation of team member
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Breakthrough within vertical farming: growing 30 different crops in a 4-layer cultivation system
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- Why a US herb grower has moved 90% of production indoors
- Vertical farming robotics startup Fifth Season shuts down
- “If we can’t access fertilizer for whatever reason, our system will still work”
Modular solutions for new building typologies in CEA
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 "Food shortages need local discussions"
- 2022-11-24 Vertical farms bring locally grown produce to supermarket shelves
- 2022-11-22 Canada: Lettuce prices going through the roof
- 2022-11-21 How rising energy prices, fluctuating exchange rate affects Dutch cultivation and trade, plus several other developments
- 2022-11-21 Canada: Mushroom growers have to pay the carbon tax unlike other greenhouse operators
- 2022-11-21 $6 lettuce explained: Why leafy greens are so expensive right now in B.C.
- 2022-11-15 India: Business graduate sets up J&K's first hydroponic farm
- 2022-11-14 EU approves the CAP strategic plans of Estonia and Latvia
- 2022-11-11 "Sustainability claims behind booming food technologies lack evidence"
- 2022-11-10 China: Smart agriculture promoted at CIIE fair
- 2022-11-10 EU Commission addresses availability and affordability of fertilizers
- 2022-11-09 Recall for lettuce varieties after exceeding limit for Lambda-cyhalothrin in Belgium
- 2022-11-07 UK: Collaboration on exploring the best practices in vertical farming
- 2022-11-01 US (TX): Why companies and nonprofits are turning to vertical farms to boost food supply
- 2022-10-31 Indoor growing could feed Canadians, and others
- 2022-10-28 Amsterdam: Vertical farming has shown technological progress but investors remain distant
- 2022-10-28 How could AI impact the future of vertical farming?
- 2022-10-28 Virginia is well-suited for controlled environment agriculture, summit says
- 2022-10-27 Indoor ag science cafe #45 - right sizing a vertical farm
- 2022-10-26 Essential agriculture, sacrificial labor, and the COVID-19 pandemic in the US South