How to switch from pure biotechnology to agritech, hydroponics, and limitless opportunities to help farmers in the United Arabic Emirates and MENA region to grow better yields? How to launch your own company and thrive in business development if you work in the farming industry? Why do you need to know more about Mariam Almheiri? Agfluencers got the answers to these and other questions and warmly welcome Maria Achkar, who is the co-founder of agtech company Greener Crop, headquartered in Dubai (UEA) but providing services all around the world.
Top 5 - yesterday
- US (NY): Upward Farms ceases all vertical farming operations
- US (GA): Hardee Fresh closes $56 million for new 30,000m2 vertical farm in Americus
- US: Virginia senator Mark Warner visits AeroFarms' Danville facility
- US: Bowery partners with sweetgreen to supply its new bowls
- What does ChatGPT know about co-creative urban farming and vertical farming?
Top 5 - last week
- US (NY): Upward Farms to lay off 78 employees and close Williamsburg facility
- Soil and the future of vertical farming
- Latvia: “Container farms are everything you need, modular and affordable”
- Crash course on hydroponic farming in India
- US (CA): Local farm supplies between 500-900 pounds mushrooms weekly
Top 5 - last month
- Red dwarf tomatoes are thriving in space
- India: “We’re setting up farms globally for a fraction of the costs”
- Italy: "Same productivity, but without the energy costs from artificial lighting"
- What happened with vertical farming and how can we fix it?
- Step aside, leafy greens – it’s high-value crops only in these space-bound pods
How to grow greener crop in UAE?
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-31 UAE: Tapping into fruiting crops and adding new facilities throughout the MEASA region
- 2023-03-31 What does ChatGPT know about co-creative urban farming and vertical farming?
- 2023-03-29 Canada: Agriplay eyes operating profit margin of ~22% in repurposed buildings
- 2023-03-28 The Philippines and South Korea team up in study of modern farming methods
- 2023-03-28 US: Lettuce prices likely to rise again amid California flooding, experts say
- 2023-03-24 Bermuda: Old building potentially turned into indoor farm
- 2023-03-24 Great Australian lettuce inflation should be a lesson for the future
- 2023-03-23 US: NIFA invests $9.4M in urban and indoor and other emerging production initiatives
- 2023-03-23 UAE: ADQ and ZERO partner on vertical farming project in AgTech Park
- 2023-03-22 Swiss: MABEWO group eyes small vertical farms as backup for local food production
- 2023-03-22 CAN: Almaguin Highlands welcomes its first vertical farm
- 2023-03-21 iFarm launches contest to help design their Bali farm
- 2023-03-20 Rectification: Bowery Farming not affected by SVB bankruptcy
- 2023-03-20 Vertical farms and microgreens may convince toddlers to finally eat their greens
- 2023-03-17 Philippines: Pampanga farmers urged to switch to in demand, high-value crops
- 2023-03-14 China: New-generation of growers return to their hometowns to launch horti businesses - successfully
- 2023-03-14 The future of Wisconsin's indoor farm industry
- 2023-03-10 How will the vertical farming model develop?
- 2023-03-08 An insight into the challenges facing vertical farms
- 2023-03-08 What happened with vertical farming and how can we fix it?