During this podcast, recorded on 9 November, speakers were Leone Magliocchetti Lombi, who is the lead technical specialist at Les Jardins Suspendus, a vertical farm in Djibouti, and Sergej Lugovic, founder of Vesela Motika.
Top 5 - yesterday
- Chinese shiitake grower opens production in Poland and Spain
- UAE: ADQ and ZERO partner on vertical farming project in AgTech Park
- Bowery Farming hires Matt Williams as Chief Sales Officer
- Cayman Islands: Solar-powered container farm faces regulatory hurdles
- Energy price crisis on vertical farming: where do we stand?
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Red dwarf tomatoes are thriving in space
- Italy: "Same productivity, but without the energy costs from artificial lighting"
- What happened with vertical farming and how can we fix it?
- Step aside, leafy greens – it’s high-value crops only in these space-bound pods
- How to buy quality grow lights and get the amount of light needed
Podcast by Les Jardins Suspendus and Vesela Motika
Let's talk about vertical farming
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-22 Nanotube sensors are capable of detecting and distinguishing gibberellin plant hormones
- 2023-03-21 Growing medicinal plant Artemisia in vertical farming under different LED light conditions
- 2023-03-21 US (IA): Morningside Agriculture program is quickly growing
- 2023-03-20 Italy: Research to find simplified and low-cost solutions to optimize energy resources
- 2023-03-17 Research as a Service at a fraction of the cost revealed at Indoor Ag-Con 2023
- 2023-03-16 Life cycle assessment of indoor vertical farms
- 2023-03-15 Farms in cities: New study offers planners and growers food for thought
- 2023-03-14 Effectiveness of different LEDs growing Red mustard
- 2023-03-14 A modified aeroponic system for growing small-seeded legumes and more to study roots
- 2023-03-13 India: Agri students of RBU visit mushroom farms
- 2023-03-13 Singapore: Primary school sets up program to educate kids on hydroponics
- 2023-03-13 Anguilla govt conducts Fork Farms Hydroponics pilot study
- 2023-03-13 US (CA): UC receives $15M in climate-focused innovation awards
- 2023-03-10 US (AL): Auburn University researchers 'reimagine CEA'
- 2023-03-09 Optimize strawberry fertility with plant tissue testing
- 2023-03-09 US (DE): Could disused chicken houses be used to grow strawberries?
- 2023-03-08 Researchers design a ‘space salad’ to keep astronauts healthy and happy
- 2023-03-07 Automated visual identification of foliage chlorosis in lettuce grown in aquaponic systems
- 2023-03-01 ESA thinks we can grow hydroponic gardens on the moon
- 2023-03-01 Mauritius: PM Jugnauth launches hydroponics training farm in Mauritius Prison Service