With their start-up company "Profarms," Patrick and Ulrich, two vertical farmers from St. Pauls/Eppan in South Tyrol, want to change conventional agriculture by introducing CEA to the region. Their product is micro-greens. Their customers? Haute cuisine.
Top 5 - yesterday
- Chinese shiitake grower opens production in Poland and Spain
- Malaysia: Hydroponic farm in Kuala Pilah offers fresh vegetables and farming lessons
- UAE: ADQ and ZERO partner on vertical farming project in AgTech Park
- Bowery Farming hires Matt Williams as Chief Sales Officer
- US (VA): New Lynchburg vertical farm grows over 170 plant varieties
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Red dwarf tomatoes are thriving in space
- Italy: "Same productivity, but without the energy costs from artificial lighting"
- What happened with vertical farming and how can we fix it?
- Step aside, leafy greens – it’s high-value crops only in these space-bound pods
- How to buy quality grow lights and get the amount of light needed
Quick sneak peek into South Tyrol's vertical farm
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-23 US (MO): Bringing hydroponic greens and a show to the Grove
- 2023-03-21 US (PA): Farmer moves out of basement, opens new farm in downtown Bangor
- 2023-03-21 NZ: Greengrower completes trials, plans to scale up
- 2023-03-16 Growing against the odds: High alpine farming at Huidekoper Ranch
- 2023-03-16 Iceland: Fully automated farm growing greens for hotel chain
- 2023-03-15 US (OH): Microgreens are a growing business in Fremont
- 2023-03-13 UK: Sisters sprout new business idea
- 2023-03-13 UK: Bristol farmers thrive growing indoors
- 2023-03-10 CAN (NL): Crown Lands division hinders plans for vertical farm in rural community
- 2023-03-09 Women in Agriculture: Meet Vanessa Rosewood
- 2023-03-09 Slovakia: Farmer switches from aquaponics to hydroponics after investment
- 2023-03-09 Growing saffron in a container farm
- 2023-03-09 A Scot in a kilt, growing microgreens in Sweden
- 2023-03-08 CAN (NS): Planting seeds of change after leaving Chinese metropolis for Cape Breton
- 2023-03-08 US (OH): Growing customer base for microgreens grower
- 2023-03-07 Neurodiversity in vertical farming: bringing an overlooked workforce to the forefront
- 2023-03-07 “I sell as little as one ounce, or by the pound"
- 2023-03-06 US (NJ): New hydroponic farm in Westfield growing produce, and business
- 2023-03-06 British Columbia: Touch-free leafy greens poised to hit grocery shelves this month
- 2023-03-01 US (NY): Can hydroponic farms solve food access issues on East Side?