"It is not just an intelligent climate control system for indoor and greenhouse horticulture, it is a comprehensive automation and data management solution designed to simplify growing and enhance operations, leading to reduced labor costs, grower errors, and resource consumption while improving yields and profits," says Dima Chernobilsky, CEO of Grow Director Ltd when talking about their new climate control system GrowDirector 3 PRO that was launched earlier this month. "This third-generation product feature modular and scalable wireless controllers, advanced sensors, and intelligent algorithms that work together to create the optimal environment for plants to thrive."
Modular, wireless, simple to install and with AI-driven software Dima and his team spent almost seven years in researching, developing, and testing new technologies to create this climate control solution. Key characteristics of this system is that it is modular, wireless, simple to install, and with AI-driven software.
The system consists of 6 modules, which can be used as stand-alone modules and but can also share and communicate data with the other modules from the GrowDirector 3 PRO family. So, little investment is required as growers can start with one and add more modules upon request. "Using our solution, growers can easily automate and control pumps, electrical devices, dry contacts, individual or daisy chain LEDs - all up to 64,000, depending on the controller, as well as connect up to 64,000 sensors to receive and analyze valuable data about the climate. We do also provide sensors like pH, EC, temperature, CO2, and many more, through which growers can configure all automated routines, set customized working rules and notifications for critical parameter changes, and track performance over time with detailed data and analytics."
On top of that, it is wireless, so growers can access the data 24/7. And even if a grower is in an area with no internet, the grower can still access the data with the ServerDirector module. "This module provides the grower with a local virtual cloud that can run independently of the Internet, temporarily or permanently."
Moreover, they have built-in AI-driven software that helps growers grow smart, he explains. "Thanks to AI, the data is being processed, and when a grower, for example, had a good season, the system can duplicate the process. And visa versa, when something did not go so well, you can dig into the data and find the problem."
Reduce costs, increase efficiency
As many growers are facing financial challenges due to market conditions, Dima says that the Grow Director products can help to reduce costs and increase efficiency. "These five elements can have a significant impact on their bottom line:"
- Decrease in labor costs by up to 53%. "You can manage any sized operation with the smallest workforce possible by automating the entire operation after connecting all equipment, devices, and sensors into one system with one control from anywhere, at any time. Also, the system is completely modular and scalable, so you can grow at your own right rate."
- Decline of grower errors by up to 48%. "You can stay connected with your operation via the App, set notifications for critical parameter changes, ensuring prompt action when needed to maintain ideal growing conditions, knowing you are also supported by AI."
- Increase in yields by up to 31%. "In addition to preventing grower errors, you can predict changes while having access to data history and comprehensive analytics to maintain the perfect climate balance with proactive and reactive incremental changes."
- Reduced consumption. "Once you are empowered with precise usage data from pH, EC, CO2, and more sensors, you can leverage smart resource consumption. In this way, we are not fighting with the environment, but working with it."
- Free software and cloud. "Growers only need to pay once to use the platform. And there is no need to pay extra money to keep your data safe and secure. Moreover, any data can be exported at any time to any means of storage."
Currently, several professional indoor growers in Israel are using the GrowDirector PRO 3, and worldwide it is already used in several container farms. And reactions so far has been very positive. "We hear that it is very easy to install and very user-friendly."
And Dima and his team are ready to spread its international reach even further. "We can supply our product all over the world, but we are putting emphasis first on introducing it in the European and North American market, and the next step is Asia and the Middle East." Therefore, he will be visiting GreenTech in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, in June and AgriME in Dubai in October.