Tyler Baras is the Chief Science Officer and Co-Founder of Area 2 Farms, a CSA vertical farm serving the greater D.C metro area. On this episode of CropTalk, Tyler sheds light on the secrets behind his farm's efficiency, shares his insights on recent industry closures within the vertical farming realm, and offers his predictions for the future landscape of Controlled Environment Agriculture.
Creating the most efficient Vertical Farm
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-19 HPNow closes €14M round
- 2023-09-15 Jamaica: Growers encouraged to consider aquaponics
- 2023-09-14 "How IoT is shaping the future of agriculture"
- 2023-09-14 Perfume? Yes. Potatoes? No. vertical farming tries to grow up
- 2023-09-13 Top tips to address common issues with microgreens
- 2023-09-13 Rethinking vertical farm automation with ‘Robotics-as-a-service’
- 2023-09-12 What to grow in a vertical farm
- 2023-09-11 Floating sea farms: a solution to feed the world and ensure freshwater by 2050
- 2023-09-07 New dehumidifier created with small-space projects in mind
- 2023-09-07 Vertical flower greenhouse saves energy and increases yield with dehumidification
- 2023-09-04 US (CA): Indoor farming assets put up for auction
- 2023-08-28 China: Space farm yields first positive results
- 2023-08-23 "Don't mash the marble track"
- 2023-08-16 Tips on how to have a profitable mushroom cultivation business
- 2023-08-11 "Developing robotics applications to take over repetitive, labor-intensive tasks"
- 2023-08-10 UK growers partner to scale smart shade coating for commercial greenhouses
- 2023-08-10 UK: Taylor’s Urban Farm advocates for automated, sustainable agriculture
- 2023-08-10 Raspberry-picking robot startup gets £1.5 mln in funding
- 2023-08-10 Automatic transplants for labor savings and quality improvement
- 2023-08-09 Japan: Aquarium leverages fish to grow crops