Toward a sustainable future. The JPFA aims for open discussion and international co-creation on various issues during the International Symposium on Plant Factory held on September 4-5 in Chiba, Japan, at the Kashiwanoha Conference Center.
Issues that will be addressed are utilization, roles, technological challenges, and direction of plant factories with artificial lighting (PFALs) that possess diverse purposes and applications. Additionally, there is potential for the use of PFALs in social activities as part of the global ecosystem and in creating varied and flexible food and plant production systems.
These topics will be covered through open discussions and international collaboration at smart city Kashiwa-no-ha, with a view to achieving “staying healthy simply by living.”
The symposium will be held in person at the Kashiwanoha Conference Center and online through the event app.
Co-organizers of the event are the Center for Environment, Health and Field Sciences, Chiba University／Research Center for Space Agriculture and Horticulture, and Chiba University.
- JPFA Members On-site: 15,000 yen/person, Online: 7,000 yen/person
- Non-members On-site: 35,000 yen/person, Online: 20,000 yen/person
- Reception: 8,000 yen/person (Reception will be held in the same venue and limited to on-site participants.)
On-site Participation Benefits
- All participants will receive a copy of the lecture materials.
- Meeting tables are available. (Reservations are required through the event app.)
- Panel discussions
- Poster presentations (On-site)
- Exhibits (On-site/online), etc.
Note: All participants can use the Swapcard event app that allows participants to engage in various activities such as online exhibitions, viewing recorded sessions at a later time, exchanging individual messages, reserving meeting tables, and updating their profiles with information.
For more information:
Japan Plant Factory Association