`It was a very inspiring week at #Vertifarm2024 in Bologna. I am excited that we contributed with 16 presentations from Wageningen University and Research," writes Leo Marcelis with WUR.
The following presentations from WUR were given:
1. Yongran Ji: Faster than fast: accelerating flowering for the speed breeding of lettuce (Lactuca sativa) with far-red radiation
2. Mexx Holweg: The role of red and white light in optimizing growth and accumulation of plant specialized metabolites across light intensities in medical cannabis
3. Sijia Chen: The effect of red/blue light ratios on fruit set and plant growth of sweet pepper
4. Jordan Van Brenk, MSc. : Keep it colourful: maintaining lettuce metabolic profiles with dynamic blue light irradiance
5. Stephan David: Cultivating success: improving growth of strawberry plants in vertical farms
6. Elena Vincenzi: Enhancing tomato fruit yield through Far-Red light in controlled environment agriculture
7. Diego Nunez Ocana: Diel length and photoperiod control effect on growth, morphology and LUE in lettuce
8. Qianxixi Min: Enhancing fruit quality in tomato cultivation: the interaction of electrical conductivity and light intensity
9. Ying Liu: Blue light increases anthocyanin content in purple pepper fruit
10. Marijke V.: Effect of two weeks of continuous light treatment on dwarf tomato at different developmental stages
11. Margarethe Karpe: Move it to improve it – Increasing plant spacing during cultivation in dwarf tomato production
12. Isabella Righini Food crops: resources to meet human dietary needs
13. Caterina Carpineti: Impact of vertical farming systems on lettuce yield and quality: a comparison study
14. Nazmin Akter master student of WUR, gave a presentation on her internship research at the University of California: Enhancing nutritional quality and biomass production of Coriandrum sativum by regulating light spectra in an aeroponic setup
15. Ep Heuvelink: keynote presentation on The role of crop modeling in a vertical farming environment
16. Me: keynote presentation on Optimizing lighting management in vertical farms.
Many thanks to Francesco Orsini, Giuseppina Pennisi, and their team for the splendid organization. Thanks to all participants for inspiring talks and presentations. I also visited Agricola Moderna showing us their impressive vertical farm; thanks to Benjamin Franchetti and his excellent team.
#cea #verticalfarming #horticulture Horticulture and Product Physiology - Wageningen University and Research