Plans have been announced for the 2nd Vertical Farming World Congress, which will take place on 20-22 September 2021. The event will be available online, with the aim for as many delegates as possible to meet in person at London Heathrow.
“This will be the stand-out event of the year for vertical farming, which has attracted so much investor and consumer attention in the past 12 months,” commented Richard Hall, Chairman of Congress organizers Zenith Global, the global food and drink experts. “Vertical farming chimes perfectly with concerns for fresh nutrition locally, providing new solutions on sustainability and to address complicated supply chains.”
“Last year, delegates said they would be happy to stay online for reasons of convenience and affordability as well as ease of networking and access to the recording. Many, however, still want to meet in person, so we shall be offering both options, with a guarantee of a refund for anyone unable to travel at the last minute due to national government coronavirus restrictions,” he concluded.
A pre-covid event organized by Zenith Global
With the theme of ‘Raising Expectations’, the conference sessions offer numerous highlights including:
- Industry leadership with InFarm, Kalera and YesHealth
- Market opportunity with HortAmericas, Rabobank and VeggiTech
- Customer and investor panels featuring Metro and S2G Ventures
- Regional pioneers from AgroUrbana in Chile to 808 Factory in Japan
- Nutrition and crop development with 80 Acres and Vertical Field
- Technology and service development with Grow Group IFS and Swegreen
- Industry policy discussion with Association for Vertical Farming, Farm Tech Society, Japan Plant Factory Association and UK Urban AgriTech.
There will also be a range of other attractions, notably:
- Presentation of the 2021 Vertical Farming World Awards covering crops, technology, sustainability and commercial initiatives
- Visits to various vertical farms online and to Vertical Future’s new Mini Crops operation in East London
- Introductory workshop on planning an urban farming business with Agritecture.
The Congress is sponsored by Vertical Future and the Awards are sponsored by Cultivatd.