Samantha Johnson, the Director of Aquaponic Programs at AgWorks at CCA in Harrisburg, PA, visits the 2nd Annual Virtual Children's Grief Awareness Day to talk to us about their aquaponic programs and how they are using companion planting with their own students.
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We could produce about 1,000 heads of lettuce every single week"
- CAN (AB): Solar-powered farms yield 12k heads of lettuces per month
- Saffron: a proper crop for enhancing profits?
- UAE: “Growing in soil is more expensive, but the plant is so much better”
- “Pioneers get killed, second-generation farmers get rich”
Aquaponics used for companion planting with students
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-25 US: Research expanding opportunities for commercial seaweed production
- 2023-01-24 Putting the fun in fungi
- 2023-01-20 CAN (BC): North Vancouver company builds system for deep space farming
- 2023-01-20 Veganuary: can vertical farming help to provide alternative protein?
- 2023-01-18 US (PA): Penn State assists Cameroonian refugees with specialty mushroom ventures
- 2023-01-12 How to grow Broccoli microgreens
- 2023-01-10 Unpacking the packaging potential of mycelium, the mushroom ‘roots’ of many uses
- 2023-01-06 Bringing fresh greens into Detroit with vertical farming & Planted Detroit
- 2023-01-04 To boldly grow: how space agtech shapes farming on Earth
- 2023-01-03 Key mistakes of vertical farms
- 2023-01-03 High-tech New Zealand strawberries on the horizon
- 2023-01-02 "We could produce about 1,000 heads of lettuce every single week"
- 2022-12-22 Rwanda: Strawberry farming turns into fruitful business
- 2022-12-22 Philippines: Agribusiness advocate Jiggy Manicad promotes backyard, urban farming
- 2022-12-22 Common nutrient deficiencies in plants (II): shortage of Magnesium and Calcium
- 2022-12-21 Brazil: Pink Farms aims to bag $3mln in funding to expand
- 2022-12-21 Nigeria: Training youth to grow with hydroponics
- 2022-12-21 Istanbul sets up world's 2nd deepest vertical agricultural center
- 2022-12-20 Only 10 places outside of Japan grow wasabi. Israel is one of them
- 2022-12-20 Tangmarg youth turns mushroom business into lucrative venture