Recently, WFRV Local 5, visited Fox Valley Tech College to see their hydroponic lab. Several crops are grown at the lab, whereas seed germination is done there as well. All produce harvested is consumed by the school itself. Besides leafy greens, microgreens are cultivated as well.
Top 5 - yesterday
- How growers are future-proofing with flexibility and innovation
- Philippines: Pampanga farmers urged to switch to in demand, high-value crops
- Research as a Service at a fraction of the cost revealed at Indoor Ag-Con 2023
- Next-gen vertical farming, sensors and energy generation showcased to US Midwest State Legislators
- Floating farms are transforming life on India’s waterways
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Red dwarf tomatoes are thriving in space
- Italy: "Same productivity, but without the energy costs from artificial lighting"
- What happened with vertical farming and how can we fix it?
- Step aside, leafy greens – it’s high-value crops only in these space-bound pods
- How to buy quality grow lights and get the amount of light needed
US: A visit to Fox Valley Tech College's hydroponic lab
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-03 "We are our city's only farm that specializes in hydroponics"
- 2023-03-02 US (MI): Hydroponic gardens spawn sustainability and nutrition conversations at hospital
- 2023-01-23 US (NJ): Indoor farm spreads seeds In Newark school system
- 2023-01-13 US (PA): Pitt Hydroponics works to make farming accessible through recycling materials
- 2022-11-30 US (OK): New $7.5 million farm to be built near Tulsa Community College Campus
- 2022-11-15 Specialty crops, water quality monitoring technology, and USDA grants
- 2022-11-08 Hydroponic microgreens farm shows updated interior
- 2022-10-31 The importance of water quality in hydroponics & aquaponics
- 2022-10-28 US (FL): Event celebrates CUOC's hydroponic garden
- 2022-10-21 Balcony crops: bringing the magic of hydroponically grown crops home
- 2022-10-21 Local hydroponics farmer drops transport time to seconds with indoor farm
- 2022-10-10 Zimbabwe: Growing lettuce in empty plastic bottles
- 2022-09-27 US (VA): Teachers can win a free hydroponic system
- 2022-09-27 UAE: New farm-to-table launched in prestigious Dubai hotel
- 2022-09-23 Three-judge appeals panel rules in favor of USDA’s certification of organic hydroponic producers
- 2022-09-23 The role of hyper local food in the states
- 2022-09-21 US (WI): Hydroponic gardens offer year-round crops
- 2022-09-19 How hydroponic farming is making a difference in Jamaica
- 2022-09-12 India: Café reaps benefits from its flourishing farm
- 2022-09-08 Can you tank mix water soluble fertilizers?