In this episode, Jason talks to Natalia Connolly, the Vice President of Data Science at Infinite Acres, about Agricultural Tech (AgTech) and how it is helping the agriculture industry keep up with increasing demand. With the assistance of technology and data, the agricultural industry's not just been improved but completely overhauled over time with more sustainable methods and tech.
Top 5 - yesterday
- Germany: Inspiring microgreens production in Munich and beyond
- Growing strawberries with Tower Garden
- “We decided that we needed to help Sri Lanka bring a change in the agriculture sector"
- Vital water better for plant: "We have learned to settle for less"
- Tiny but mighty: microgreens could play an important role in feeding a sustainable future
Top 5 - last week
- US (NY): Upward Farms to lay off 78 employees and close Williamsburg facility
- Soil and the future of vertical farming
- Latvia: “Container farms are everything you need, modular and affordable”
- Crash course on hydroponic farming in India
- US (CA): Local farm supplies between 500-900 pounds mushrooms weekly
Top 5 - last month
- Red dwarf tomatoes are thriving in space
- Italy: "Same productivity, but without the energy costs from artificial lighting"
- What happened with vertical farming and how can we fix it?
- Step aside, leafy greens – it’s high-value crops only in these space-bound pods
- How to buy quality grow lights and get the amount of light needed
The use of data science in modern agriculture
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-27 Growing strawberries with Tower Garden
- 2023-03-27 Vital water better for plant: "We have learned to settle for less"
- 2023-03-27 “We decided that we needed to help Sri Lanka bring a change in the agriculture sector"
- 2023-03-27 "Others bring the produce. We bring the farm"
- 2023-03-27 US: Panama gets grant for tower garden systems
- 2023-03-24 The evolution of the microgreens business
- 2023-03-22 "If you don’t focus on the plant, you cannot develop the tech to be successful”
- 2023-03-21 Soil and the future of vertical farming
- 2023-03-21 US (FL): Sarasota entrepreneur growing mushrooms on top of the ocean
- 2023-03-20 US: Young growers struggling to deal with USDA
- 2023-03-17 Next-gen vertical farming, sensors and energy generation showcased to US Midwest State Legislators
- 2023-03-17 Floating farms are transforming life on India’s waterways
- 2023-03-17 How to build your controlled environment agriculture facility design team
- 2023-03-17 Seaweed production has grown by nearly 75% globally in the past decade
- 2023-03-16 Red dwarf tomatoes are thriving in space
- 2023-03-16 Mass media campaigns can be effective in promoting safer crop pest and disease control
- 2023-03-15 How astronauts could farm on the moon with lunar soil nutrients
- 2023-03-15 Sleep-inducing lettuce to be grown in Australia
- 2023-03-10 How to clean a hydroponic system full of algae
- 2023-03-09 Stress memory in plants could hold key to growing disease resistant crops