Partner Stuart Dunbar visits a vertical farm to explore how our thinking about environmental, social, and governance factors helps us back great growth companies to tackle big problems.
Top 5 - yesterday
- US (NY): Upward Farms ceases all vertical farming operations
- US (GA): Hardee Fresh closes $56 million for new 30,000m2 vertical farm in Americus
- US: Virginia senator Mark Warner visits AeroFarms' Danville facility
- US: Bowery partners with sweetgreen to supply its new bowls
- What does ChatGPT know about co-creative urban farming and vertical farming?
Top 5 - last week
- US (NY): Upward Farms to lay off 78 employees and close Williamsburg facility
- Soil and the future of vertical farming
- Latvia: “Container farms are everything you need, modular and affordable”
- Crash course on hydroponic farming in India
- US (CA): Local farm supplies between 500-900 pounds mushrooms weekly
Top 5 - last month
- Red dwarf tomatoes are thriving in space
- India: “We’re setting up farms globally for a fraction of the costs”
- Italy: "Same productivity, but without the energy costs from artificial lighting"
- What happened with vertical farming and how can we fix it?
- Step aside, leafy greens – it’s high-value crops only in these space-bound pods
Investing in vertical farming
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-31 Additional options for virus test ToBRFV help grower limit damage
- 2023-03-30 Understanding the difference between microgreens, baby greens, and adult greens
- 2023-03-30 Australian founders continue to optimize vertical farming for clean food
- 2023-03-30 Brazil: How tissue culture techniques can aid vertical farms becoming more efficient
- 2023-03-29 "Our goal is data-driven and sustainable strawberry production"
- 2023-03-29 Vertical farming: A sustainable solution for Lebanon's unstable food market
- 2023-03-29 US (AZ): How one ASU lab is working to create food resiliency in the Southwest through vertical farming
- 2023-03-29 US (VA): Students' farming feeds Fairfax County School
- 2023-03-29 US (CA): Palm Desert mushroom growers ride ‘Shroom Boom
- 2023-03-29 Sweden: Cucumbers grown on residual data facility heat
- 2023-03-28 Pakistan: Aeroponics technology to boost potato production
- 2023-03-27 Growing strawberries with Tower Garden
- 2023-03-27 Vital water better for plant: "We have learned to settle for less"
- 2023-03-27 “We decided that we needed to help Sri Lanka bring a change in the agriculture sector"
- 2023-03-27 "Others bring the produce. We bring the farm"
- 2023-03-27 US: Panama gets grant for tower garden systems
- 2023-03-24 The evolution of the microgreens business
- 2023-03-22 "If you don’t focus on the plant, you cannot develop the tech to be successful”
- 2023-03-21 Soil and the future of vertical farming
- 2023-03-21 US (FL): Sarasota entrepreneur growing mushrooms on top of the ocean