Presenter Dr. Marcelo Huarte, an independent consultant formerly at Instituto Nacional de Tecnología Agropecuaria (INTA), Argentina, explains the basics of hydroponic potato growing at a webinar provided by the World Potato Congress.
Top 5 -yesterday
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- USDA announces grants for urban agriculture and innovative production
- CAN (MB): Inventor comes up with homegrown solution for $5 lettuce
- AU: Perfect produce with no sun or soil, but will high energy inputs be a threat to this indoor farm?
- Vertical farming unit for research into crops in controlled environments
Top 5 -last week
- "Our farm consumes 600 kW/h per m2 of cultivation area per year"
- NL: Future Crops goes bankrupt
- Growing pains on the way to a more resilient vertical farming industry
- "How betting the farm, and losing it, taught me an invaluable lessons in CEA"
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
Top 5 -last month
- "We could produce about 1,000 heads of lettuce every single week"
- CAN (AB): Solar-powered farms yield 12k heads of lettuces per month
- UAE: “Growing in soil is more expensive, but the plant is so much better”
- Saffron: a proper crop for enhancing profits?
- “Pioneers get killed, second-generation farmers get rich”
The autotrophic hydroponic system explained
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-30 Sustainable development in modern aquaponics cultivation systems using IoT technologies
- 2023-01-30 Vertical farming unit for research into crops in controlled environments
- 2023-01-27 MOU signed, formalizing a partnership to help tackle food insecurity
- 2023-01-26 Philippines: Two universities eye vertical farms 'to solve onion scarcity'
- 2023-01-26 US (NJ): Princeton High School students competing for nationwide STEM award with saltwater aquaponics entry
- 2023-01-26 US (MI): Negaunee High School brings hydroponic greens to the lunchroom
- 2023-01-26 US (IL): Urban Farming Certificate prepares students for expanding industry
- 2023-01-25 Gradually increasing light intensity during the growth period increases dry weight production in lettuce
- 2023-01-20 Plant beneficial bacteria and their potential applications in vertical farming systems
- 2023-01-20 Canada: The importance of educating kids on indoor ag
- 2023-01-19 US (TX): Shadow Creek High student hosting panel discussion on hydroponic farming
- 2023-01-18 Passive sunning: Maximizing the efficiency of intelligent light and water
- 2023-01-17 IoT-based monitoring system for control of heavy metals to ensure optimal lettuce growth in hydroponic set-ups
- 2023-01-17 Paper examining the impact of light spectra on vertical farming
- 2023-01-16 Influence of day and night temperature on growth, quality, and economics of butterhead and oakleaf lettuce production
- 2023-01-16 US (GA): Kennesaw State-based mushroom farming business takes honors at innovation challenge
- 2023-01-16 Delphy conducting commercial-type research for easy implementation
- 2023-01-13 Pakistan: Aquaponic farm management system introduced
- 2023-01-13 US (FL): Construction started on site that will focus on ag education
- 2023-01-13 Basic guidelines on how to communicate about strawberry yield