Energy costs and GHG emissions may affect the vision and sustainability of modern commercial urban farms by reducing the market size and confining products into niches. The FAO and EBRD invite you to meet again with the key players in all relevant urban farming fields and to continue the global discussion, this time about energy efficiency and the following topics:
- Current trends of energy prices and advancements in technologies.
- More energy = more costs and more emissions. Alternatives? Solutions?
- Future perspectives in response to climate change: will the gap between traditional horticulture and vertical farming fade away?
· Jacopo Monzini (FAO) and Iride Ceccacci (EBRD)
· Marc Juarez, Vice Chair of the International Association for Vertical Farming (AVF)
· Benjamin Franchetti, PhD, Director of Technology, Agricola Moderna
· Joan Muñoz Liesa, PhD, Post-doc researcher at Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
Time and place
Friday, October 28, 2022, from 2 pm to 3:30 pm CET on the Zoom platform.
Please register for the e-dialogue: click here.
Registration for the e-dialogue is free of charge. Upon registration, you will receive an email with the link to join the meeting.
For more information:
Food and Agriculture Organisation UN